- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks, mashed
- 3 anchovies
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon savory
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 oysters, shucked
- 2 eggs
- 1 leg of lamb, boned (about 4 1/2 pounds) and butterflied
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
677 calories; 41 grams fat; 17 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 58 grams protein; 281 milligrams cholesterol; 543 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the bread crumbs, egg yolks, anchovies, onions, salt, pepper, thyme, savory, nutmeg and oysters. In the bowl of a food processor, mince the ingredients and slowly add the eggs to make a paste.
- Spread oyster paste over the inside of the leg of lamb. Roll and tie the lamb, and bake 2 hours and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature is 150 degrees on meat thermometer.