Cheese or smoked salmon can turn focaccia into breakfast.
- 1 recipe basic focaccia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup very thin-sliced onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, in thin slices
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
193 calories; 12 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 7 grams protein; 9 milligrams cholesterol; 316 milligrams sodium
- Prepare the dough for basic focaccia, setting it to rise as in Step 4, above.
- While the dough is rising, heat the two tablespoons olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until very lightly browned. Set aside.
- Once the focaccia dough has risen and has been placed in the pan ready to bake, as in Step 6 above, spread it with the sauteed onions. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until browned on the bottom and lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and cover with slices of smoked salmon. Stir the sour cream to thin it and using a spoon, drizzle it over the smoked salmon. Cut into squares and serve.