- 4 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup converted rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
227 calories; 6 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 10 milligrams sodium
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add salt and the rice. Stir well. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 17 minutes.
- Drain the rice in a colander.
- Return the rice to the same saucepan and add the butter, lemon juice and pepper. Blend gently until the grains are well coated. Serve.