- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, deveined and cut into large dice
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and bruised
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 cups yogurt cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
153 calories; 7 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 19 milligrams cholesterol; 361 milligrams sodium
- Put the peppers, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a nonstick skillet. Sprinkle with the vinegar, partly cover and cook over medium-low heat until the peppers are tender but not soft, about 25 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth. Fold in the yogurt cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. This mousse can be stored in the refrigerator in a closed container for up to 3 days. Serve with grilled bread or as a base for pasta salad.