This marinade imparts a pungent, Indian flavor to chicken, beef or ribs, but it works particularly well with tuna steaks or fish fillets. For four 6-to-8-ounce tuna steaks, marinate 1 1/2-inch-thick steaks in refrigerator for 4 hours. Grill over hot coals until rare, about 3 minutes per side.
- 1 ripe papaya, 3/4 pound, peeled and diced
- ½ pound fresh, ripe apricots, pitted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small Thai or jalapeno chilies, seeded, deveined and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, crushed
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
168 calories; 2 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 40 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams dietary fiber; 24 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 18 milligrams sodium
- Combine all ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.