- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups plus 1 tablespoon water
- 14 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut on the diagonal in 1/8-inch slices (2 cups)
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut in 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 medium-size cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
514 calories; 33 grams fat; 14 grams saturated fat; 13 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 43 grams protein; 154 milligrams cholesterol; 1889 milligrams sodium
4 to 5 servings
- Stir cumin and salt into 1 1/2 cups of water. Mound rhubarb in the center of a 2 1/2-quart souffle dish with a tight-fitting lid. Pour cumin mixture around rhubarb. Cook, covered, at 100 percent power in a high-power oven for 7 minutes 30 seconds.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Arrange lamb in layers around the inside rim of the dish. Sprinkle garlic over lamb. Re-cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- While soup is cooking, stir remaining tablespoon of water into cornstarch. Remove dish from oven and uncover. Stir a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid into the cornstarch mixture. Stir the mixture and the cilantro into soup. Re-cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Ladle into bowls; serve immediately.