- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon powdered instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons Irish cream liqueur
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
219 calories; 11 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 22 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 21 grams sugars; 7 grams protein; 165 milligrams cholesterol; 85 milligrams sodium
- Place milk and cream in a 4-cup measure. Cook, uncovered, at 100 percent power in a high-power oven with a carousel for 2 minutes.
- While milk is cooking, whisk together eggs and sugar in a medium bowl. Combine cocoa and coffee in a small bowl.
- Remove milk from oven and pour into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in Irish Cream.
- Stir a scant tablespoon of the custard mixture into the cocoa and coffee to form a smooth paste. Scrape the cocoa mixture back into the custard and whisk until well combined.
- Pour into 1/2-cup ramekins and skim any foam from the top of each. Place cups, evenly spaced, around the carousel. Cook, uncovered, at 50 percent power for 6 minutes. Custard will still be partly liquid.
- Remove from oven. Let stand, covered with a towel, for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until firm and well chilled.