- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup freshly grated horseradish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 scrod fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
230 calories; 5 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 37 grams protein; 96 milligrams cholesterol; 552 milligrams sodium
- Put the yogurt in a strainer lined with cheesecloth and set aside for 3 hours to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking dish, large enough to hold the fillets in one layer, with the butter. In a bowl combine the yogurt, horseradish and salt.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, add the sugar and continue to beat until they form stiff peaks. Carefully fold in the seasoned yogurt.
- Lay the fillets in the baking dish and cover each with a quarter of the meringue. Bake until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove the fillets to individual plates and sprinkle with the dill.