- 2 cups water
- ½ carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 3 keffir lime leaves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon minced Thai bird peppers, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 24 medium to large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
213 calories; 8 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 24 grams protein; 201 milligrams cholesterol; 805 milligrams sodium
- Bring water to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan, add the carrots and cook 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place the carrot juice, lime leaves, Thai peppers, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the butter in the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the butter blends in. Remove from heat and stir in the coriander, mint and carrots. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining butter in a nonstick skillet, add the shrimp and brown lightly, about a minute on each side. Divide the shrimp among 4 soup plates. Reheat the carrot sauce, season with salt and cayenne pepper, pour it over the shrimp and serve.