- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white parts only, well rinsed and thinly sliced
- ¾ pound celery, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 6 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1 white boiling potato, about 1/3 pound, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch pink radishes, rinsed, green tops reserved
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 shrimp, steamed, peeled, cleaned and cut in half lengthwise
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
228 calories; 6 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 20 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 21 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 2480 milligrams sodium
- Warm the olive oil in a stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the leeks, celery and curry, and saute for 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop all but 2 of the radishes. Discard any bruised radish greens and finely chop the rest. When the soup has simmered for 17 minutes, add the chopped radishes and greens and simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth and strain through a sieve. Refrigerate until cold.
- When the soup is thoroughly chilled, stir in the yogurt and Tabasco. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the two remaining radishes, float a few slices in the center of each serving bowl and arrange six of the shrimp halves around the radishes like the petals of a flower.