- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- About two cups hot chicken broth
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- One white truffle (about one-third an ounce)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
631 calories; 17 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 86 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 16 grams protein; 44 milligrams cholesterol; 823 milligrams sodium
- Over medium heat melt the butter and soften the onion. Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon to coat the grains with butter. Let rice cook three to four minutes, stirring frequently so that it will absorb the butter and turn opaque.
- Add the wine, stir, and bring to boil. Turn down heat.
- Add the broth a ladle at a time, and cook, stirring. Keep stirring and adding broth for 15 to 20 minutes. The rice will absorb the liquid. Make sure the broth is being absorbed and there is not too much liquid on top. The bottom of the pan should be cleaned.
- Test the rice for doneness. Season with salt. Keep tasting until the rice is done.
- Let the rice sit off heat for three to four minutes. Add the Parmesan. Spoon the rice onto individual plates and serve. Grate the truffles on top of individual servings and add freshly ground pepper to taste.