- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup sliced or coarsely chopped almonds
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (60 servings)
73 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 8 milligrams cholesterol; 3 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, using an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar, espresso powder, vanilla extract and salt until the mixture is fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the cocoa and flour until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into a foil-lined, 10-by-15-inch jellyroll pan. Sprinkle almonds over the top, pressing them in lightly with your fingertips.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until the dough is set and the almonds are golden brown. Let cool before cutting into 1 1/2-inch squares.