- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 pounds freshly ground turkey meat
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 can (28 ounces) imported crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 lasagna strips
- Oil for baking dish
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup hot milk
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
1027 calories; 38 grams fat; 18 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 13 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 81 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 14 grams sugars; 86 grams protein; 241 milligrams cholesterol; 1083 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet and add the mushrooms. Cook over high heat until mushrooms start to brown. Add the turkey meat and cook over high heat until lightly browned. Add the onions and garlic; stir and add the wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the wine has evaporated. Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large quantity of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna strips one at a time. Cook until tender. Cooking time will vary according to brand. Add 2 cups of cold water to cool. Drain, spread the strips one at a time on a damp cloth.
- Lightly grease a two-quart oblong baking dish. Add a layer of lasagna.
- Beat the ricotta with the warm milk to make it spreadable. Spread about a third of the ricotta over the lasagna. Spread a layer of the sauce over this and sprinkle about a quarter of the parmesan cheese over.
- Continue making layers but end up with a layer of lasagna. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Pour the melted butter over all and bake for 15 minutes or until the lasagna is piping hot and bubbling.