- 3 medium-size celery roots, trimmed, peeled and julienned
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallion greens
- 1 large shallot, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar black truffle oil, 1/3 ounces
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
136 calories; 10 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 86 milligrams sodium
Six to eight servings
- Soak the celery root in a large bowl of salted water for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Put in bowl, toss with scallion greens, and set aside. Combine the diced shallot and vinegar in a cup. Stir in a little salt. (Salad and vinaigrette can be prepared ahead up to this point.) Just before serving, add pepper to taste, olive oil and truffle oil to the shallot and vinegar mixture.
- Toss the celery root mixture with the vinaigrette. Place on a platter with the fennel salad. Serve immediately.
About 30 minutes