- 4 to 6 Idaho, Washington or Yellow Gold potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced white onions
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
475 calories; 20 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 67 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 27 milligrams sodium
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them into 1/4-inch cubes. As the cubes are cut, drop them into cold water.
- Cut away and discard the pepper core and the veins and seeds. Cut the pepper into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Drain the potatoes, and add them to a small saucepan with enough water to cover and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 1 minute. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet, and add the potatoes. Cook, stirring and shaking the pan as necessary, for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the onions, red pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring and tossing, for about 4 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and browned.
- Drain the oil, add the butter, and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the parsley, and serve immediately.
About 20 minutes