- 1 pound string beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
92 calories; 6 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 7 milligrams sodium
- Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the beans, bring the water back to a boil and simmer 6 to 8 minutes. The beans should be crisply tender. Do not overcook. Drain.
- Place the oil and butter in the same saucepan. Add the garlic and cook briefly. The garlic should remain white. Add the beans and chives, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to blend.