- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 1 ripe Anjou pear, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 red Delicious apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup minced parsley leaves
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
304 calories; 7 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 47 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 12 grams protein; 1 milligram cholesterol; 1082 milligrams sodium
- Make a vinaigrette by combining the lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Whisk in the hazelnut oil. Set aside.
- Combine the pear and apple dice and lime juice in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water. Drain. Combine the quinoa, bay leaf, thyme and broth in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer until tender and translucent, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs and discard them.
- Add the warm quinoa to the vinaigrette. Add the pear and apple mixture. Toss. Add the coriander and parsley leaves. Toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates and serve.