- ½ cup flour for dredging
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth, fresh or canned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
478 calories; 28 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 13 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 38 grams protein; 124 milligrams cholesterol; 305 milligrams sodium
- Season flour with salt and pepper, and dredge the chicken all over. Remove the excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold the chicken pieces in one layer. Add chicken and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Flip the chicken and cook for 5 minutes more, or until cooked through. Carefully remove the oil from the skillet, leaving the chicken. Discard the oil.
- Add the thyme, shallots and garlic, and cook for about a minute. Do not burn the garlic. Add the lemon rind, the lemon juice and the broth.
- Scrape the skillet to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom. Add the butter, and cook for 3 minutes longer. Serve immediately.