- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 potatoes (about 20 ounces total), peeled, rinsed and sliced thin (about 3 cups)
- 3 onions (about 12 ounces total), peeled and sliced thin (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 4 Italian peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch slices (4 cups)
- 6 skinless, boneless blackfish fillets, about 6 ounces each (2 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed and chopped (1 tablespoon)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, or other herb or mixture of herbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
395 calories; 16 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 6 grams polyunsaturated fat; 26 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 34 grams protein; 79 milligrams cholesterol; 515 milligrams sodium
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. When it is hot, add the potatoes and onions, and saute them, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add the pepper slices, mix well and cook, uncovered, for about 2 minutes.
- Arrange the fish fillets on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic and parsley. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Divide the butter into small pieces and dot the fish with them.
- Immediately remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.