- 2 large sweet potatoes, pricked several times with a fork
- 2 tart apples
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
120 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 338 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Place the whole apples on the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes. Roast until potatoes and apples are soft, about 25 minutes.
- Skin the sweet potatoes. Pass the apples and the sweet potatoes through a food mill into a medium-size bowl. Stir in the cardamom and add salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.