- 1 ¼ cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet pepper, preferably red
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon finely minced green hot peppers, like jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
129 calories; 5 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 16 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 2 milligrams cholesterol; 73 milligrams sodium
- Put the corn in a mixing bowl and add the sweet pepper, scallions and hot pepper. Sprinkle with the cumin, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, and stir to blend. Add the milk, and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Heat enough oil barely to cover the bottom of a pan, preferably nonstick. Spoon the batter, about 1/4 cup at a time, into the pan, and cook the fritters about 2 minutes or until golden brown on one side. Turn, and cook about 2 minutes on the second side. As you prepare each batch of fritters, add oil to the pan as necessary.
About 30 minutes