- 1 ¼ pounds medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons black-currant vodka or other flavored vodka
- ¼ teaspoon red-hot pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ pound snow peas
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander or parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
296 calories; 13 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 31 grams protein; 243 milligrams cholesterol; 176 milligrams sodium
- In a bowl combine shrimp, lemon juice, ginger, vodka, pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Blend well. Cover with plastic wrap, let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Pluck off and discard the ends of each snow pea.
- Drop tomatoes into a pot of boiling water, let stand about 10 seconds. Remove and peel. Cut away cores, then cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add snow peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, cook for one minute, continuing to stir. Add garlic, shrimp and marinade. Cook about 3 minutes; do not overcook. Check for seasoning. Add coriander, blend well and serve immediately.