- 4 soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ ripe pineapple
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
518 calories; 4 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 65 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 45 grams sugars; 56 grams protein; 219 milligrams cholesterol; 859 milligrams sodium
- Wash crabs and drain.
- Beat egg whites until slightly foamy; dip crabs in egg whites, then in flour. Place on piece of wax paper.
- Dice pineapple and mango and place in serving bowl. Chop onion fine; mince jalapeno and add to bowl.
- If using a stove-top grill, prepare and heat. Grill crabs about 3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- Squeeze lime juice into the pineapple-mango mixture.
- Wash, dry and chop cilantro and add to bowl; season with pepper. Serve crabs with salsa on the side.