- 1 pound tiny new potatoes
- 8 ounces flank steak
- 2 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces arugula (or other bitter greens)
- 12 cherry or 18 pear tomatoes, either red or yellow
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 servings)
350 calories; 7 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 46 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 24 grams protein; 51 milligrams cholesterol; 173 milligrams sodium
- If using broiler, turn on.
- Scrub potatoes; do not peel. Bring to boil in covered pot with water to cover.
- Trim fat from flank steak and score on the diagonal. Prepare the stove-top grill, if you are using one. Grill or broil steak until well browned on both sides and medium rare in the center, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons of marinade. Place artichokes in strainer and run hot tap water over them; drain.
- Turn on food processor and put garlic through feed tube to mince. Add artichokes, reserved marinade, vinegar, wine and thyme and process until the mixture is smooth. Season with pepper.
- Wash and dry arugula and trim stems; wash tomatoes and dry.
- When flank steak is cooked, cut into julienne strips on the diagonal; cut strips into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Drain cooked potatoes and cut into small pieces. Combine the potatoes with steak and artichoke puree. Mix well.
- Arrange beds of arugula on three plates; top with salad and decorate with tomatoes.