- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 avocados
- 1 large tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Serrano chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
339 calories; 29 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 19 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 20 grams carbohydrates; 12 grams dietary fiber; 4 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 454 milligrams sodium
Four to six servings
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, cumin and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Place in a shallow dish, add the onion and let marinate for 1 hour. Heat a grill until hot. Drain the liquid from the onion and place on a grill. Grill for 3 minutes per side. Coarsely chop.
- Peel, seed and cut the avocados into 1/2-inch dice. Dice the tomato. Combine the grilled onion, avocados, tomato, garlic, chilies and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and lime juice. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.