- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
357 calories; 2 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 84 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 71 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 92 milligrams cholesterol; 6 milligrams sodium
- In a medium-size saucepan, stir together cornstarch and sugar until completely blended and smooth. Add lemon juice, zest and egg yolk, and stir until smoothly incorporated. Add orange juice and 1/3 cup hot water.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring. Cook, continuing to stir, until mixture thickens and boils for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Strain through a sieve into a storage container. Chill for at least 45 minutes, or until cool and slightly thickened, before using. Sauce may be refrigerated for up to 48 hours. Stir well before using.