- 1 whole red snapper (about 2 pounds) cleaned, scaled, with head on
- 2 tablespoons minced Oriental black beans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
633 calories; 19 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 6 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 96 grams protein; 167 milligrams cholesterol; 295 milligrams sodium
2 to 3 servings
- Score the fish twice on each side vertically. Combine the Oriental black beans, garlic, scallions, ginger, peanut oil, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture over the fish and inside the cavity. Let the fish marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Broil the fish for six to seven minutes on each side, or until done. To serve, sprinkle with coriander and garnish with lemon.