- 2 cups stemmed watercress
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and julienned
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 4 equal pieces and flattened to almost 1/4 inch
- 2 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
392 calories; 29 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 15 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 24 grams protein; 96 milligrams cholesterol; 212 milligrams sodium
- Toss the watercress and cucumbers together in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Meanwhile, coat each piece of beef on both sides in the peppercorns. Place in the pan and saute until medium rare, about 30 seconds per side.
- Place 1 piece of beef on each of 4 plates, top with the salad and serve immediately.