- 12 very small baby artichokes, stemmed, tough outer leaves removed and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
42 calories; 3 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 410 milligrams sodium
- Rub the cut side of the artichokes with a little of the lemon juice.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the artichokes and saute for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, then add the water, cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Toss with the remaining lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and mint. Place on a serving platter, and have plain toothpicks available for skewering.