- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup (half a stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
82 calories; 5 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 58 milligrams cholesterol; 114 milligrams sodium
12 three-inch pancakes
- Separate eggs and beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. In another bowl, stir together the egg yolks, flour, cottage cheese, butter, sugar, salt and lemon peel until well mixed. (I use the rotary eggbeater I use for beating the egg whites).
- With large spoon or spatula, fold whites into yolk mixture, stirring gently until there are no yellow or white streaks.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grease lightly and spoon out about three large tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Cook slowly for about one and a half minutes, then turn pancake over and cook for about 30 seconds. Keep pancakes warm in 250-degree oven until ready to serve.