- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes
- 6 large garlic cloves peeled
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups loosely packed parsley with stems
- 1 ¼ cups warm milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
251 calories; 8 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 7 grams protein; 22 milligrams cholesterol; 59 milligrams sodium
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2-inch cubes.
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a saucepan and cover with water. Add salt. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and force them through a food mill or potato ricer. Return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, put the parsley and 1/4 cup of the milk into a food processor. Blend until coarsely chopped.
- Place a strainer over a small bowl. Line it with cheesecloth. Transfer the parsley into the cheesecloth and squeeze very hard to extract all the juice. Reserve the juice.
- Add the milk, the parsley juice and the butter to the potatoes. Beat with a spoon and blend well. Add the pepper and check for seasoning. Serve immediately.