- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup strawberry preserves
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cooled melted unsalted butter
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
482 calories; 27 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 10 grams polyunsaturated fat; 54 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 45 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 154 milligrams cholesterol; 72 milligrams sodium
6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the walnuts, bread crumbs and three tablespoons of the sugar in a food processor and process until the nuts are finely ground but have not become a paste. Press the nut mixture into the bottom and sides of an eight- or nine-inch straight-sided tart pan. Place in the oven and bake about 10 minutes, until the nut crust just begins to color. Spread the crust with two tablespoons of the preserves.
- Beat eggs with remaining sugar and lemon juice. Stir in melted butter. Pour this mixture into tart shell, return to oven and bake about 35 minutes, until custard has set.
- Cool to room temperature, then spread the surface with the remaining preserves and arrange the strawberry slices in a pattern on top.