- 1 well-trimmed, tied, nine-inch length of fillet of beef, about 1 3/4 pounds
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut, vegetable or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
526 calories; 39 grams fat; 16 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 0 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 39 grams protein; 176 milligrams cholesterol; 100 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle meat on all sides with salt and pepper. Rub with oil.
- Place beef in small, shallow roasting pan and put it in oven. Bake 20 minutes, turning once or twice as it roasts.
- Pour off fat from the pan and add butter to the pan. Continue baking three to five minutes.
- Remove roast from oven and remove the strings. Cover with a light layer of foil and let stand in a warm place about 10 minutes. Serve sliced with the pan liquid.