- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups blanched almonds, finely chopped
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
580 calories; 32 grams fat; 16 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 62 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 34 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 103 milligrams cholesterol; 262 milligrams sodium
About 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch tube or bundt pan. Combine the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Dissolve the espresso in the vanilla extract and whisk it into the egg mixture. Whisk in the chocolate mixture and then the buttermilk.
- Sift together the flour, salt and soda and stir into the batter until almost combined. Gently stir in the almonds. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out slightly moist, about 65 to 70 minutes. Place on a rack to cool.
1 hour 15 minutes