- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 chicken breasts, split in half and skinned
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 cup chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 20 asparagus spears, ends snapped off, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup morels, stemmed and cleaned
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
287 calories; 15 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 23 grams protein; 76 milligrams cholesterol; 1329 milligrams sodium
- Heat 2 teaspoons of butter in a large, wide pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and sear until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan. Lower the heat to medium, place 1 teaspoon of butter and the shallots in the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, wine and thyme and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and bring back to a simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and tent with foil to keep warm. Increase the heat and simmer the liquid until it has reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove the thyme.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the asparagus and blanch until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Heat the remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and the morels and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the cream, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste into the sauce. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Divide the chicken among 4 plates and spoon the sauce over it. Place the asparagus and morels around the chicken, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.