- 2 pounds baby artichokes
- ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ pounds new potatoes, skins on, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pounds fava beans
- Chopped fresh mint to garnish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
309 calories; 6 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 57 grams carbohydrates; 17 grams dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 15 grams protein; 143 milligrams sodium
- Slice off tops of artichokes horizontally and remove the tough outer leaves and stems. Cut artichokes into slices one-fourth-inch thick and place in cold water to cover with lemon half.
- Drain artichokes and dry them in a salad spinner. Pour oil into a large roasting pan and put potatoes and artichokes in the pan with mint and garlic. Roast 45 minutes or until they are lightly browned, turning often.
- Meanwhile, steam the fava beans for five minutes. Add them to potatoes with mint and bake for five minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove garlic cloves before serving. Garnish with mint.