- 8 ounces plain, nonfat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3-pound boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
426 calories; 19 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 8 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 51 grams protein; 145 milligrams cholesterol; 717 milligrams sodium
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the pork loin in a shallow baking dish and coat well with the yogurt mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Let the pork stand at room temperature for 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wipe the marinade off of the pork and place in a roasting pan. Combine the sugar and mustard seeds and coat the pork with the mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees and continue roasting until the pork reaches 350 to 360 degrees on a meat thermometer and the top is crisp, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes, cut into slices and serve with the pan juices.