- 1 1-inch slice country bread, crust removed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh chili pepper
- 1 pound flat-leaf parsley, stems trimmed off
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pitted black olives
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
488 calories; 39 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 27 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 31 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 1430 milligrams sodium
- Soak the bread in water for 5 minutes. Squeeze the bread out to remove excess water and discard any hard parts. Place half of the bread in a food processor with the onion, garlic, chili pepper and half of the parsley. Process until reduced to a paste. Add the remaining parsley, bread, lemon juice, salt and half of the olive oil. With the machine running, slowly add the remaining olive oil and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Scrape the spread into a bowl and garnish with the olives.