- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 4 ounces whole onion or 3 ounces chopped onion (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated fresh or frozen ginger
- 2 large stalks bok choy (or 1 rib celery)
- 8 ounces fresh angel-hair pasta
- ¼ cup no-salt-added chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 scallions
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
660 calories; 12 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 101 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 30 grams protein; 37 milligrams cholesterol; 748 milligrams sodium
- Bring water to boil in a covered pot for pasta.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat canola and sesame oils until very hot. Chop onion and saute in the oil.
- Mince garlic, add to onion and continue cooking.
- Wash, dry and cut chicken into bite-size pieces; add to onions, and cook until chicken browns.
- Grate ginger and add.
- Wash, trim and cut bok choy into small pieces; add to pan and stir.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add chicken stock, sherry, soy sauce and hoisin sauce to the chicken mixture. Stir well, reduce heat and continue cooking.
- Wash, trim and slice scallions.
- Drain pasta, and stir into onion-chicken mixture until well coated. Season with salt, sprinkle with scallions and serve.