- ½ recipe peasant bread (see recipe)
- 4 firm Bosc pears
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- ½ pound bleu de Bresse cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
410 calories; 20 grams fat; 10 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 13 grams sugars; 27 grams protein; 83 milligrams cholesterol; 2060 milligrams sodium
- Make the bread dough through Step 1. Meanwhile, peel, core and slice the pears thin. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pear slices and saute until they begin to brown. Remove from the heat, cover the pan and let stand for 15 minutes. Trim the fat from the prosciutto and cut it into slivers. Set aside. Remove the rind from the cheese, crumble it into large pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Sprinkle a baking sheet lightly with the cornmeal. Punch the dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 10-inch circle. Top with the prosciutto slivers, then the pear slices and their juices. Season with the salt and pepper. Bake until the edge of the bread is golden, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and continue to bake until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
About 1 hour