- Ingredients for white beans and carrots with roasted garlic (see recipe)
- ¼ teaspoon additional salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary olive oil
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Cook the beans as directed in white-bean recipe. Drain the beans, but reserve the cooking liquid. Remove the herb stems and season with the salt and pepper. Place the beans in a food processor with 3 cups of the cooking liquid and puree until smooth. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer the soup to a saucepan and place over medium heat until hot. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Ladle the soup among 4 bowls and swirl 1/4 teaspoon of the rosemary oil into each. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve.
1 hour 35 minutes