- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- 1 head Napa cabbage, cored and cut into eighths
- 4 cups chicken broth (see recipe).
- 3 teaspoons minced Italian parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
317 calories; 4 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 59 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 13 grams protein; 7 milligrams cholesterol; 2720 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the potatoes in a roasting pan and toss with 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste. Spray lightly with the olive oil. Roast until tender, tossing from time to time, about 40 minutes.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the cabbage wedges and cook, turning frequently, until soft and edges are browned, about 20 minutes. Remove the cabbage from the pan and slice it into thin strips. Season with 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Place the chicken broth in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Season with the remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Mound the cabbage in the center of each of 4 soup plates. Top with the roasted potatoes. Ladle the broth around the cabbage and potatoes, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.