- 1 pound dried whole green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 chorizo sausages, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons sofrito sofrito
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ pound peeled and seeded pumpkin, cut into bite-size pieces
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
343 calories; 27 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 23 milligrams cholesterol; 743 milligrams sodium
- Soak peas overnight in a bowl with water to cover.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water. Place in heavy kettle or Dutch oven with 3 cups fresh water and salt. Boil, covered, over moderate-high heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add sausages and stir-fry over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add sofrito, tomato sauce and oregano. Saute another 5 minutes. Add to green peas.
- Add pumpkin to green peas. Stir, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Serve with ric