- 1 ½ tablespoons imported mustard, preferably Dijon
- 1 tablespoon red-wine or malt vinegar
- ¼ cup dry white vermouth
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- Salt, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
129 calories; 13 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 0 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 32 milligrams sodium
About one cup
- Put the mustard and vinegar in a mixing bowl and add the vermouth while beating with a wire whisk.
- Add the oil gradually, beating vigorously with the whisk. Add the shallots, salt and pepper to taste.