- ½ cup pitted prunes, quartered
- ½ cup dried apricots, halved
- ½ cup dried Calimyrna figs, quartered
- ¾ cup Armagnac
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg yolk, whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅓ cups blanched almonds, toasted and finely ground
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
551 calories; 29 grams fat; 13 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 53 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 26 grams sugars; 8 grams protein; 120 milligrams cholesterol; 459 milligrams sodium
- For the fruit, combine the prunes, apricots and figs in a mixing bowl and cover with the Armagnac. Let stand for 3 hours, turning the fruit from time to time.
- Meanwhile for the crust, place the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse just to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the machine running, pour in the egg mixture. Process just until dough begins to come together. Gently press the dough together with your hands, flatten into a disk and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain the fruit; set aside. Roll out the dough between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap and fit it into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, or a 10-inch quiche dish. For the filling, cream the butter and the confectioners’ sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla. Mix in the flour and the salt. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Spread the fruit evenly over the bottom of the tart shell. Spoon the filling over the fruit. Bake until the filling is set and the crust is browned, about 40 minutes. Place on a rack to cool. Cut into wedges and serve.