- ½ pound mushrooms
- 4 or 5 small carrots, about 3/4 pound, trimmed and scraped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
129 calories; 8 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 28 milligrams cholesterol; 92 milligrams sodium
- If the mushrooms are small, leave them whole. If they are large, cut them lengthwise in half. There should be about two and one-half cups.
- Cut the carrots into thin, quarter-inch rounds. There should be about one and one-quarter cups.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the mushrooms, shaking the skillet and tossing them so that they cook evenly, about two minutes. Add the carrots, celery, water, salt and pepper and cover closely. Cook eight to 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook down over high heat about two minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.