- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries, cleaned
- ½ cup milk
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
290 calories; 10 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 46 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 24 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 44 milligrams cholesterol; 436 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Using an electric mixer, combine the butter and lemon zest. Add 1 cup of sugar and beat until light. Mix in the egg and then the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Place the blueberries in a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the flour mixture. Add the remaining flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just to combine. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Spoon the batter into the cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining sugar. Bake until muffins are lightly browned and spring back when touched in the center, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.