- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 scallion, cleaned and finely minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled, crushed and finely chopped ( 1/2 teaspoon)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
47 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 6 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 6 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 1 milligram cholesterol; 160 milligrams sodium
- Place yogurt in a fine strainer set over a bowl, and refrigerate for 8 hours to allow moisture to drain out.
- Discard the liquid, and place the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap about 10 inches long, and roll it into a log about 5 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the cheese with toast, crackers or bread. It is good served as part of a salad accompaniment; arrange chunks on each plate, or spread on small toasts or untoasted baguette slices.