- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 veal chops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
481 calories; 35 grams fat; 19 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 30 grams protein; 176 milligrams cholesterol; 180 milligrams sodium
- Trim stems from the watercress and discard them. Set a few leaves aside for garnishing. Wash watercress leaves and spin them dry.
- Dry veal chops with paper towels. Melt butter in a skillet large enough to hold two chops comfortably and brown them on both sides without burning them. Remove them and set them aside. Keep warm.
- Soften the shallot in the butter and add a couple of tablespoons of water, the watercress leaves and the creme fraiche. Bring the mixture to a boil, scraping up the cooking juices, and return the chops to the pan with the lemon juice. Cover and simmer gently until the chops are cooked to the desired doneness. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Garnish the chops with the remaining watercress leaves and serve.