- ½ pound peeled baby carrots
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
- ½ pound sugar snap peas or 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
- ½ pound fresh or frozen green peas
- 15 scallions, trimmed to 6 inches, then halved crosswise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
365 calories; 12 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 46 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams dietary fiber; 13 grams sugars; 19 grams protein; 10 milligrams cholesterol; 2514 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the carrots, potatoes, sugar snap or snow peas, green peas, scallions, tomatoes and garlic in a large, shallow casserole. Toss with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and pour in the chicken broth. Bake until all of the vegetables are soft, about 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place under the broiler until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Serve with grilled veal chops or roast chicken, if desired.
2 hours 10 minutes